Goose Hollow Family Shelter
The Goose Hollow Family Shelter is a night shelter for 8 homeless families with children. Families are able to stay at the shelter for about 30-60 days. Goose Hollow is open from 6:30pm until 7:30am each night of the year. In order for families to get into Goose Hollow Family Shelter, they should call 211.
The services that we provide families at Goose Hollow include:
- Sleeping space where the family gets to stay together, not separated as in other shelters
- Dinner and breakfast
- Showers with all toiletries and hygiene products provided
- Laundry facilities
- Access to computers, a telephone, and a mailing address
- A small amount of storage space for families to keep their personal belongings
- Enrichment and recreational time for children each night between 6:30-9:30 (provided by our Kid Time Host volunteers)
Goose Hollow is staffed by a PHFS Shelter Coordinator each evening between 5:30-10pm. All other services are provided by volunteers. To learn more about volunteering at Goose Hollow Family Shelter click on the volunteer tab at the top of the page.
The Goose Hollow Family Shelter is located at the First United Methodist Church of Portland, and has been operating as a shelter since 1994. Originally started by the First United Methodist Church, Goose Hollow is now a truly community-based shelter and has volunteers from many organizations of faith, volunteer groups, students, and several other members of the community.